Jeffrey D. West
Jeff West is an economic consultant with more than fourteen years of experience in damage calculation, class certification, antitrust, regulatory analysis, and auction support. Mr. West has consulted on behalf of plaintiff and defendant law firms, corporations, federal and state government agencies, and industry trade groups. Mr. West’s engagements have spanned a variety of industries such as financial services, communications, energy, and pharmaceuticals.
In addition to providing independent consulting services, Mr. West also works with other expert consulting firms and with leading economists at academic institutions such as Yale University, Stanford University, Harvard University, and Columbia University.
Mr. West earned a B.A. in Economics and Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences from Northwestern University.
Examples of Mr. West’s consulting engagements include:
- Analyzing the effects of insurance and mortgage pricing practices in consumer protection disputes and investigations;
- Creating statistical models of equity markets in mutual fund and securities litigation cases;
- Providing strategic advice and bid-tracking software to wireless spectrum auction participants;
- Forecasting economic effects of broadband internet deployment;
- Analyzing cable operator pricing and geographic markets in antitrust cases;
- Projecting the effects of generic drug entry in pharmaceutical markets; and
- Analyzing the economic effects of political responses to international economic crises in political risk insurance litigation matters.